Sunday, April 14, 2013

Summer- 1 Gall bladder- 0

Having been to the hospital every year for the past two years, it only seemed natural for me to have another visit....three times a charm, right? (Clearly we have a thing for being medically in debt up to our eyeballs!)

I had my gall bladder removed Thursday morning. I learned three things from the experience.

1. When they say 'come in at 6 am, sharp!', they mean it. I was draped and in surgery by seven. They whisked us out the door to home by nine thirty. It was nice, we could have had time for a lunch date, except I wasn't quite sure who I was by noon....

2. They fill your tummy up with some sort of gas- air? I guess? That's besides the point. No one told me they did this, so when I woke up looking six months pregnant, I panicked. I thought they did the wrong operation. Three days later, I no longer resemble a moored whale.

3. They close your incisions with glue. No problem. Except my belly button feels like it is full of Saran Wrap and clear nail polish. No biggie.

All in all, the highly qualified staff at St. Francis took excellent care of me. I even got a 'feel better soon' card from the surgeon's receptionist. (She clearly is just waiting to mail me he initial bill!) The highlight of all of this has been the magic ability to eat normally again and watch my sweet Husby be a wonderful daddy and nurse! We are waiting on Dominos as we speak! (Read?!)

Xoxo Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment