Friday, April 5, 2013

Ode to Pizza Hut

What once stole my heart has now crushed my soul.  Sound like a Romeo & Juliet scenario?  It is. Pizza Hut vs. my new address apparently.  Our house is technically in Sand Springs but we have a Tulsa address.  Isn't that simple?  I'm sure you know how pleased I was having to call fifteen different people just to get the electric and water turned on in our names...  I digress. 

Yesterday was a looooong day.  Gruelling school day, 2 hr doctor appt. with Turtle...It's a safe bet that I'm not cooking.  So I call up trusty, tasty Pizza Hut on my way home.  It's 5:10.  I can just taste the Pizza Hut sliders in my tummy.  I even do a dance in the car.  Yes!  This is happening.

6:30.  I'm waiting patiently for my pizza.  I get a phone call.  The super talented Pizza Hut delivery man called.  "I'm lost, where is your house."  I read off my address again.  Silence.  For a minute I thought the man hung up.  Apparently the guy was half way to Catoosa.  That's awesome.  I might have flipped out a little on the phone.  Bee was definitely screaming for food in the background.  He told me someone from customer service would call me to resolve things. 

6:45 A phone call from Missouri.  Customer service was super nice and offered to pick up the tab on our pizza order.  They sent the order through to the Sand Springs Pizza Hut (the one I ORIGINALLY called).  Great.  The lady said it was going to be about 30 minutes and we should have it by then.  I am halfway convinced.  But those sliders are so so so good. 

8:00  Steam is coming out of my face.  I get a call from Omaha, Nebraska.  Sure enough it's Pizza Hut.  "Um, we don't deliver to Berry Hill, ma'am.  It's out of our service area."  Are you *&^%$#@ kidding me?  Why did no one call me over an hour ago to tell me that?  I told the man where he could shove his 'sliders' and hung up.

8:30  Bee and I are happily munching on Arbys.

Today at lunch
Mrs. Campbell- "Want pizza?"  Me- "Yeah!  I'll order Pizza Hut sliders!  Surely they know where our school is!!"  Pizza Hut website-Sliders are no longer available.  I give up. 

2 comments:

  1. Sidder, I had to google pizza hut sliders-- they look yummy! You are cracking me up with these posts!!

    ReplyDelete