Monday, May 1, 2017

New Pastures to Roam

I took a trip today.  This was such a different one than what I used to take when I was little. Mama took me to the doctor because my hurt spots were on fire and making me so sick. We laid down and she held me and I couldn't help but close my eyes and go to sleep. I could hear her crying in my ear and telling me to go to Jesus.  I tried so hard to stay awake.  But I was so tired and hurt so much.


Funniest thing, I heard a man's voice whisper in my ear-- it sounded like singing and I shot back up.  There were fields and creeks for miles.  Everything was so bright and beautiful.  Scooter was there! (He was my first friend!)  My long lost sister, Sheeba was her crazy self too! And my Granddaddy Great the cookie man! And sweet Grandmother who always pet my face and loved to watch me gallop through the woods in Stillwater.  When I got up I realized it didn't hurt to walk anymore. All my old lady hurt spots-- that's what Mama called them-- were gone!  I was shiny and clean and all my hair had grown back!  When grandmother reached down to pet me my side didn't tremor. I felt like a brand new puppy! What IS this place? 

Just when I didn't think it could get any better a gentle spirited man walked up to me.  Is this the Jesus man Mama always talked about?  He smiled and reached down to hug me.  I could feel my big long tail wag so hard it hit his back but I was so happy and he laughed.  "Where is Mama?  Where are my little people Rylie and Zacharia?  I'm so confused!"  Jesus rubbed my ears and I knew it was all going to be ok.  "Don't worry precious Caddy.  Mama's not here yet, her time will come.  You did your job...you watched over her during her hardest heart breaks, life changing moves, deaths and devastations.  You helped her celebrate life, births and love.  You've had a long, happy life.  YOU, Cadillac, are the most amazing dog.  And she misses you, but one day you will all roam the fields of this new place.  Don't you know Cadillac?  All dogs go to heaven?......"

Earthbound: April 18, 2006
Heavensent: April 22, 2017 

1 comment: