Monday, May 29, 2017

Spaghetti-OH!

I'm all about simple. And cheap. And delicious. I've finally perfected the 15 minute spaghetti. 

 

*We mostly shop at Aldi for our groceries. Our entire meal cost us $7.50 to make. For everyone! 

Here's what you need: 
-A package of ground turkey or beef. 
- Envelope of Italian dressing seasoning 
- Pasta (we LOVE this brown rice pasta! It's denser than regular pasta but has much better flavor and isn't slimy like regular cooked pasta)
-Jar of marinara sauce 
-2 Bouillon cubes (if you want, I toss them into boiling water for pasta. I literally use whatever flavor I have on hand. 

 

1.  Boil water and cubes. Add pasta when water is boiling. It only takes 9 minutes. Also add olive oil as needed and stir. Pasta will stick of you don't. I always chew on a piece to know if it's done because appearance doesn't really change. 
2.  Brown meat with Italian seasoning. When it's browned add marinara and let simmer while pasta is cooking. 
3.  Toss strained pasta in olive oil. (It will stick. Seriously.)
4.  You're done. You're welcome. 

Peace. Love. Pasta. 
XOXO Summer 

No comments:

Post a Comment