Friday, June 23, 2017

Long sleeves and skinned knees

If y'all know me personally you would know my struggle with my weight has been in existence since I was. Oh. Eight. And I'm 5'0. Being fun sized has its' perks. And its' pits. Right now I'm dealing with the latter.

The highlight of my year was LOSING 65% of my hair and being diagnosed with PCOS. (Google it. I'm not explaining that hot mess ....). That was when I had had enough. Enough weight watchers points. Enough cussing at my scale like it's the scales' fault I've ballooned. Tired of being embarrassed to be seen in public next to a healthy, fit husband.  I've dusted the proverbial sh*t off my pants and have chosen to rise above feeling sorry for myself.  Skinned knees and hurt fat feelings no more!

Enter 'vertical SLEEVE gastrectomy'.  It sounds weird.  But it's genius.  I have had the blessing of supportive family, friends, and health care professionals.  I have found an ah-mazing doctor in Dallas who will do the surgery.  Next Thursday, I will be put under general anesthesia and 75% of my stomach will be laparoscopic-ally removed and I will be free of my 'fat girl inhibitions'.  NO, this is not my easy way out.  I will still have to maintain a high protein, low carb life style with enough water to sink the Titanic but I will be healthier, thinner, and happier.  (I will also have to be 500% more active but the new treadmill I got for an early birthday present from the Parentals will help me get my life in gear!)

I'm excited to see what the future holds for me and my little family.  I will continue to LOVE my job being a Tulsa Realtor. I'll just be a little (or a LOT) lighter!

Please pray for me, this is the first time I will ever have elective surgery and it's a bit unnerving.  Also, please pray for the dear Hubs.  I've only been able to have protein shakes, water, and a small piece of chicken everyday for the past week and will continue that way until my surgery next Thursday.  I've been less than pleasant!

Sorry for what I said when I was hungry,
XOXO Summer

 2009 After another fun round of WW!

I was at my 'goal weight' and running 3 miles a day!  125 pounds!

 Christmas 2016

 Spring 2017

 Fall 2016

I'm ready for a new me!




3 comments:

  1. I will keep you in my prayers. I love you so much. It will be OK. I can't wait to see your transformation. You will always be awesome in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a great read
    I'm just beginning my journey and am doing the medically supervised weight loss required by my insurance. I'm excited and nervous and so impatient! Thanks for peering in to my brain (sp to speak) & letting me know I'm not the only one that feels this way.
    <3 tori.

    ReplyDelete