Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Garage Door Shenanigans

Before I explain my AWESOME morning, let me tell you this.  I am a habitually late person who procrastinates.  Therefore it seemed logical for me to be the one who gets two small children ready in the morning, feed and let out the animals, gets myself ready for the day, loads up the car, packs two lunches, turns off all of the lights, adjusts the thermostat and tries to make it out the door by 6:45.  Yes, I know.  I'm a genius.  This being said, let me give you vivid detail of how this morning went 'down'.

It has been a bleary, rainy past two days here in Oklahoma.  My husband, who despises all yucky weather, spent last evening 'organizing' his new garage.  Great.  Fine.  Good for you, here's a gold star.  But PUHLEASE don't block the garage door sensors with drop cloths 'by accident' when you know your wife will be flying out the door the next morning and won't have time to figure out why the dang thing won't close.

This morning, I was on time.  I looked put together.  I even managed to get socks on BOTH of my children and jackets and blankets.  Super star mom!  Then we loaded up and were headed to school!  I pressed the close button on the garage door clicker thingy.  The garage door light literally spazzed out on me and the door kept going down about 12 inches and shooting back up.  Bee is laughing, Turtle is screaming, I am...well ...trying my best not to flip out.  (Remember, 'non-morning people' tend to be bears in the morning...)

I get out in the pouring rain to investigate.  By this time my neighbors, who I have not yet formally introduced myself too, have pulled up in their Tahoe with their kids in the passenger seat, waiting on the school bus.  I have discovered the drop cloths blocking the sensors and I quickly shoved them out of the way.  In doing this, I managed to unhinge one of the sensors at the bottom of the door rail thingy.  It is still raining.  The dogs are running around me in circles, excited because of the rain.  I am getting soaked.  Bee is now screaming.  Turtle is laughing. 

I get so mad trying to reattach the garage door sensor, I chunk it across the garage...which my weenie dog promptly retrieves.  That's a miracle in itself because the stupid dog has never been able to learn a thing in his life, what a time to prove he can retrieve!  The neighbors in their Tahoe have now rolled down their windows to watch me 'fall apart' and I am screaming.  After a quick 'pleasant' phone call to Husby, I figure out how to reattach the stupid sensor, shove the soaked, stinky dogs in the garage, and all but crawl back into my car.

I was a tad tardy to work...next time I'm just going to bulldoze the wanker door...

xoxo Summer

1 comment:

  1. The frequency of use of the garage doors is another very important tip to consider when choosing garage doors. Doors with automated rolling system will be ideal if you will be using the garage frequently though they are likely to be more expensive as oppose to sup and over systems.

    Garage Doors Manhattan

    ReplyDelete