Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Pay me to eat...

I heard something on the news yesterday that about floored me.  Yes, I know I'm not far from the floor as it is, but hear me out.  The Mayo Clinic did research on weight loss and they concluded this:  people that were given diet guidelines and cash for pounds lost ended up losing more weight than those who didn't get paid and had to pay in if they gained weight. 

WHO DECIDES THIS?  WHERE DO I SIGN UP?  And how much money do these scientists make to do this research?!?!  I mean, come on!  I don't have any sort of science/math/nutrition degree but I have enough brains in my head to know that if you pay me not to eat a bunch of crap, I'm gonna put the Snicker's bar down.  And yes, I'll lose weight.  And be rich.  And happy.  And buy the Pepperidge Farm factory...

But what about the poor souls who got suckered into the 'fail' group that a. gained weight and b. payed in.  Man!  I'd be pissed!  What do they get out of that 'super scientific' survey?  "Good job, Fattie!  Here's a sucker!  That will be $20/pound.  You owe us $100."  Clearly who ever designed this mega-intelligent science experiment lives in a cave.  Just sayin.

Thanks for listening to my fat rant.  Maybe if I didn't have such a negative attitude about my body and and fitness I'd be more positive about such research.  Who am I kidding?  I'm headed towards my candy drawer...all those crunches I did three years ago still hurt...


Waiting on Parent/Teacher Conferences to end......
Summer

3 comments:

  1. I’ve got some suggeѕtiοns for уοuг blog yοu might be
    interеstеd in hearing. Either ωаy, great
    ѕite and I lοοκ foгwаrd tο sеeing it grow οver time.



    My wеbsite bosu ball coгe exегcіses - -

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theѕe аre truly fantаѕtiс іdeas in аbout blogging.


    Үou hаνe touched ѕοme fastidіοus things heгe.


    Any way keep up wrinting.

    Also visit mу web site ... organic potting soil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello theгe, Ι discoѵered your web site viа Goоglе at thе ѕame tіme аs looking
    for a related matteг, уour ѕite came up, it aρpeагs
    to be like gгeat. Ι have bookmагkеd
    іt in my google bοokmаrks.


    Here is my web page :: core training with pialtes

    ReplyDelete