Monday, March 25, 2013

Boys and Toys

I need something explained to me.  What is with men and electronics?  Is it an ego thing?  Maybe this is one of those men are from Mars, women are from Venus situations.  Or women are just more practical...Whatever.

My husband was not happy with the reasonably sized TV we have in our new living room.  He took it upon himself to find a bigger version and put our already large TV in our bedroom...After three long days of window shopping, he finally made a decision.  A FIFTY FIVE inch tv.  Let me explain something to you.  I am only 60 inches tall.  That's it.  This TV is a mere FIVE inches shorter than a human being.  For real.  If I was skinny, I would fit in the box it came in just by lying down. 

Once the initial shock factor of this mega beast wore off, I started to realize something.  It must be 'a guy thing.'  A very close friend and colleague I work with told me her husband bought a same sized TV this weekend too!  (Maybe there's something in the water...)  At lunch we were discussing men and their accessories.  Another friend told me they actually have surround sound in the crown moulding of their house.  Inside and out.  Are you kidding me?!  Then she told how much it had cost them and I chocked on my mediocre red beans and rice. 

Then it hit me.  How can men yell at us for spending money on a new purse or a pedicure and then turn around and drop $5895834908534 on some stupid flat screen business?!  At least I can wear what I bought.  If men wore their 'purchases' they would look stupid.  Don't even get me started.

I suppose the up side of this is that I can watch my Real Housewives in life size.  That should be cool...

Wishing Husby would upgrade my shoe supply...
Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment