Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Chews you're words carefully...

Words. They're funny, words are. Or is it their. Or there. Do you see? Or sea?! Has confusion set in?

Why has language always been so difficult? I think God sure played a tricky game on everyone in Babel oh so long ago.

I wonder what cave men used to call rocks. Or mammoths? What did they call fire when they first discovered it? How did swear words come about?! To be honest, fire wouldn't be called fire if I was in charge. It would be the word you say when you burn yourself. That's right- the four letter one. (I guess fire is four letters too...fail...)

Then I get excited. There are awesome words. Some which are so fun but not used as much as they should be. A girl friend texted me last night and used the word 'whilst'. LOVE IT. So fancy!

Fizzle! Doesn't that just pop off your tongue? Cantaloupe. Schmear. (Is that a word? Whatever...) Crackle. These words paint pictures when you say them! Such magic! Oh, sorry. I took it to a whole new level there, didn't I?

Boring words. Propaganda. Appropriate.Proper...Blah. Notice how all the 'intelligent' words are hard to spell? Just sayin.

The point of today's ramblings (doesn't that just sound like an awesome adventure of a word?!) is this: be creative. Even if you only talk to yourself today. Or your cat. It's whatever. Chances are, Socks will thank you for putting a little pep in your verbal step. Elmo always appreciates our heart to hearts... But we have our own secret person-cat language... Is that weird??

Wishing you a wicked whomper of a Wednesday,
Summer



Having one of our heart to hearts...can't you tell Elmo is enjoying it thoroughly...clearly I am enjoying his claws in my side...

No comments:

Post a Comment