Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Fly me to the moon!

Field Trip Day in Pre-K!  Where you say?  The Tulsa International Airport!  What fun!

We are going on an airplane hunt!

Here we are at security!  The Little's got a kick out of taking off their shoes...I wish I had captured the look on the security guards' faces when the smell of forty 5 year old's shoes went through the X Ray machine thingy.  HA!


Mass Re-Tying of Shoes




Me and Ellen!  She is the other Pre-K's aide and she is HYSTERICAL!  Easily my other half!


Learning about how bad people plant scary things in stuffed animals...They thought it was funny...I'm not gonna lie, it sorta freaked me out.


I had the opportunity to sneak a self portrait...A mommy of two rarely has time to snap a photo of herself, you know!


Ellen and I found this to be a little humorous.  Or unnerving.  It's whatever.  (Asbestos Hazard...Do Not Disturb without proper training and equipment.  YEAH, let's drag 40 kids through this hallway!)


I saw this guy with a giant mechanical RIDING swiffer thingy.  If I had this at my house, it would be clean all.  the.  time...


Then the FUN part!  We got to pretend we were going on a trip!  Here is the flight simulator!  Eleen just learned she had to be the head stewardess.  SO FUNNY.


First Class




Economy Class...We ran out of chairs so we stuffed them three to a row...that meets FAA Regulations, right?


2nd Flight Attendant!


Welcome Aboard!  Like I said, LOVE her!




Getting their tickets.  The darlings were so excited!

Security!


The Crew!  (Left to right: Ms. Mansker-Pilot, Ellen-Head Stewardess, Me-Announcer lady--does that surprise you?, Alisha- Other Pre-K teacher, Co-Pilot)  We had a BLAST!

After we did our little airplane skit, we acted like we were taking off.  The lights went out, engines roared and there was even an in-flight movie about the bomb sniffing dog, Romeo.  One of our kids asked Ms. Mansker to 'drop him off in Disney World.'  Another asked if we were serving pink lemonade.  How cute is THAT?


We learned that jet engines are super cool and an airplane needs one of these bad boys to start the two main engines.  Then we learned that if one engine fails, an airplane can still run on just one.  Fascinating! 


100 year old airplane 'flying high' in the main entrance of the airport.  I found this super awesome as well.


Just look at this guy's seat.  How safe is that?  Literally a lawn chair strapped to boards.  Praise Jesus technology and airplanes have come a LONG way!


Picnic at Mohawk Park.  This seemed like a good idea.  Until the wind picked up.  And the tornado sirens went off.  And 75% of our lunches blew away.  But hey, they got to see awesome airplanes and helicopters land.  See the little guy flying?  There were six all at once.  LOVE it!


Ms. Mansker decided my final picture should be this.  A bird could literally nest in my windblown hot mess hair!

Pre-K adventure! 

I love my job!
xoxo Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment