Sunday, March 17, 2013

Just another manic Sunday!

Hallway...
My Spring Break weekend in a nut shell:  pack.  manage chaos through the paths in our house created by boxes.  pack.  change Bee's poopy diaper.  surprise! Turtle pooped too...pack... etc. etc. etc.  The ironic part?  A friend of mine is on her way to the Bahamas on a cruise.  Now THAT'S a fantastic Spring Break!

Yesterday we dragged-literally-our kids to every appliance store in the Tulsa area trying to find the best deal on a fridge.  We learned a hard lesson in the first store, and swiftly strapped both kiddos into strollers from there on out.  (Bee thought hide and go seek was the theme of the day.  Wrong.)  Turns out Lowe's had the best deal AND 10% off AND free delivery!  SOLD!



Pooped!

Amidst the hasty, unceremonious packing, I have managed to spend some quality time with my Loves!  Here, Bee has ripped out her piggie tails and is smashing her latest obsession, chocolate cupcakes.  (I pause here for a second to contemplate the fascinating article I read today in Parenting today about childhood obesity...)

Turtle loves hanging out with Mommy after Bee is snuggly in bed!

Day 2 of Lowe's:  We discovered the car shopping carts.  Life for this little driver will never be the same.  She. Was. Mesmerized.


Husby, not so much.  :(    He could barely steer the darn thing and kept running into stuff...Bee had a blast!  HA!

To wrap up our weekend of 'non-rest', my sweet in-laws had us over for a celebratory dinner of delish grilled steaks and anniversary chocolate cake!  (Can't believe our wedding anniversary is this week!!!)  Clearly a picture is worth a thousand...calories!!!
Love me some Poppie!



On a final note, I am glad I married a patient man who puts up with the unorganized craziness that is our life. He has not complained once, even when he resorted to eating cereal out of a Pyrex measuring bowl because 1. he was hungry and I had packed all of our food except bare minimum...and 2. apparently my smart self packed all the real bowls...

Tomorrow we close and begin our new journey!  Say a little prayer for us!  
Wondering what else I can cram into my last box,
xoxo Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment