Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Ramblings...

I'm in a writing rut so to speak.  There is so much going on in our lives right now and school is CRAZY busy but I have found myself void of anything interesting to talk about.  Weird, isn't it?  I'm always a blabbermouth!

It is snowing here in Tulsa, Oklahoma.  Some of my kiddos at school act as if it's foreign alien space matter falling from the sky.  It has made them act insane today! 



My aide and I took them to the library so they could see out the big windows into our playground. 



Our realtor emailed us a copy of our house/closing contract.  I am so excited!  The stressful part for me is over.  We have found our house!  Now my husband is stressed!  (He has started adding up all the expenses involved...apparently the world is not funded nor built on lollipops, rainbows, and fairy tales...news to me!)  I am starting to figure out good cabinet stains and granite counter tops...decorating is not my forte (I leave that up to my ah-mazing younger sister).  Let's hope I make a decent decision...more 'money addition' to Husby...I wish they made invisible, endless balance credit cards.  It sure would make my life easier!

This week, in Pre-K we are adding small numbers together.  To help emphasize the concept, we made 'counting' bracelets.  They were hooked instantly! 



I don't know why it won't rotate :(

All they have to do is string 5 pony beads on a pipe cleaner and twist the ends together.  We would move the beads over to make groups adding up to five.  To 'trick' ourselves we would 'hide' one or two beads in our hand and just show the two groups on top.


Stupid pic still won't rotate!!!  (See me 'hiding' two beads?)
I would say 90% of them were able to add and subtract numbers with this easy, fun manipulative!

I am wrapping up this blabbering blog post with a hungry stomach.  I have no idea what my deal is.  I have had a protein shake for breakfast, an apple snack, big lunch and two five mini snickers bites.  And all I can think about is a Burger King happy meal in my face...

Here's to hoping I survive picking up my kiddos from the sitter's house on a 1/4 tank of gas (of course I'm headed to Burger King first!  HA!)
xoxo Summer





No comments:

Post a Comment