Thursday, February 14, 2013

It's not always roses and chocolate...

Valentine's Day was spent with my little Loves at home, as I am soaking in the remnants of my final sick day.  (Thank you for all of your prayers!  I am feeling better...my doctor is worried about my liver-- we will do more blood work and once my gall bladder is removed, things should look more...clear?)

This is how we spent our day:
Valentine's Ravioli!

Valentine's from Jessi (their ah-mazing '2nd mom' and babysitter)

This was little Turtle most of the day...cutting teeth and growth spurts are no joke!

Baking (recipe to follow!)  Oh, and ignore my puffiness and ridiculous attire...

Dishes in Jammies!

Valentine's Story (Elmo Loves You) and getting ready for bed!  Ignore the monstrous laundry situation behind Bee...

Kids are asleep.  Time to devour savor a small bite of this delisciousness...

Happy Hearts Day!

PS- Shout out to one of my dearest and closest friends.  She gets me!  Here's my 'Valentine's Day Card':

That's right.  Bacon roses.  LOVE.  HER.

Butterscotch Brownie Recipe:
Ingredients:
1/2 c (1 stick) unsalted butter
1 3/4 c packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 c self-rising flour
1 tsp butter rum extract (I just use vanilla...turns out great!)
1 c chopped pecans or walnuts

Directions:
1.  Grease 13X9 pan (cooking spray); oven at 350.
2.  Melt butter in medium saucepan, add everything else but nuts.  Mix; add nuts last.  
3.  Pour into dish, bake at 350 for 25 mins or until knife inserted inthe middle comes out clean.
4.  I serve mine warm from the oven, but I let it set in the pan for 30 minutes so the brownies can 'set up'...we like ours a little gooey-ier...(Is that even a word?)



Hope your day was filled with love!
xoxo Summer 



No comments:

Post a Comment