Thursday, February 28, 2013

Early Bird Friday 5

Friday Five is early this week.  I'm ok with that.

1.Husby complains that I have too many vases.  Duh, it's called  collection.  In our new house there is a built in bookshelf.  I'm going to wrap some in cisal like this one and see how they look.  Hopefully the display will look pretty in person (it's a pretty sight in my mind...)

2.  Homemade Bleach Gel Pens.  I'm a mom.  And I'm messy.  I lived for those Clorox Bleach Pens because they save clothes that just have a few stains on them!!!  I cannot tell you how awesome it is to rescue a white shirt from the discard pile!  I have had trouble finding the regular Bleach Pens at anyplace except Food Pyramid.  Then I found this recipe on Pinterest.  I got excited!

        
Homemade Bleach Pens:
Ingredients
  • ¾ cup water
  • 3 Tbsp corn starch
  • 4-7 Tbsp household bleach
Instructions
  1. Mix water and corn starch together in a small pan. Bring to a boil, stirring continuously until mixture becomes translucent and pudding-like. Let cool. If you need to make it more than a few hours ahead of time, cover the pot with plastic wrap so it won’t dry out. Start adding bleach by the Tbsp, until you have the consistency and strength you desire. Gel will thin a little bit after sitting. Use as you would regular bleach gel.
3.  I have zero artistic ability.  If ability could be in the negatives, that would be me...  So I was thrilled when I came across this...every animal's body is based off a simple oval.  I can do that!

4.  Then I found THIS! 
 If you read yesterday's post, you will understand. 

(If this link doesn't work, just youtube 'If animals ate fast food').

5.  Enough said...

Wishing it was already Friday,
Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment