Saturday, February 9, 2013

Blogs, viruses, and exclamation points!

I'm not going to lie...since the birth of my second child, I have all but abandoned my poor blog which I used to love so much!  I have run out of steam and time!  I have also noticed I am unconsciously obsessed with ending every sentence with !....How strange is that?

Anyway.  I think New Year's Resolutions are a crock, but I am honestly going to try to blog more in 2013.  There was something therapeutic in it.  It was my time.  Not kiddo's time.  Not Husby's time.  Mine.  I need that!  Anyone out there get what I'm sayin?

I leave you on this chilly Saturday with this lovely tale...  I have spent the last four miserable days of my existence fighting off what I assumed was horrible gall bladder pain.  Come to find out yesterday morning (right in the midst of doing Circle Time with my Loves at school), it was a wretched stomach virus.  Five days of not 'using the bathroom' caught up with me.

Preface:  I have to have my gall bladder removed (two years straight of being pregnant can really do a girl in!) and I told my surgeon I wanted to wait til this summer because I have exhausted every single sick day I ever earned with two maternity leaves...  she told me I would eventually become completely constipated and nauseous... I would be miserable.  Oh, and the cramping would be unbearable.  Great.  Fantastic.  I LOVE it.

So when Monday rolled around, I had horrible, searing pain in my side.  "Oh, that's the pain she was talking about!"  Then I realized I hadn't pooped.  Then Tuesday.  No bathroom relief   I put every fibrous thing I could find in my body.  I drank water.  I did squats   Nothing.  Wednesday.  I was in such pain I could barely walk.  Sleeping was a joke.  Still no relief.  Thursday was a blur of pain.  I was so tempted to drive myself to the ER but I couldn't peel myself off the couch.  Then Friday came.  The pain suddenly stopped around 8 am. I found myself sprinting to the bathroom and the rest is history.  Three pounds lighter and finally well rested I can tell you I am finally a happy camper!

All that being said, I am going to put my oldest down for a nap and try to figure out how to re-vamp my blog :)  I love you all!

Happy Saturday!
Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment