Sunday, November 3, 2013

Thankfulness Day 3

***every single example or story in this blog I have written today is 100% true!!***



Friends. They love you no matter how loud you are, ridiculous you dress, or crazy you drive. Seriously. 



Today at a restaurant I poured my heart out to three very close friends. And walked away with a smile on my face.  One friend probably should have picked her jaw up from the floor.... Another's face was so red from laughing it matched her hair... Just sayin. These girls now know more about me than 98% of people in my life. The other  2% are Elmo-my cat and Bestie Anne who grew up with me, and who, ironically is just as sweet, funny, and yes, loud!




I digress. Friends bring out the best in you. They tell you thing spouses might be too scared to tell you. 'Hey that shirt makes you lol pregnant.'  'I can see your polka dots'- I would like to point out that poor Ms. Mansker has seen many MANY sides of Summer.... Including accidental undie flashes...she deserves an award fashioned of green tea and kit kats!!



Friends laugh with you. Like when you cram 1/2 a bowl of Ramen noodles in your mouth and bestie flashes the camera. You literally stop in the middle of an intersection because there is a bee in your car. You try on animal print skinny pants even when you may not be quite that skinny just for a photo op. 



My newest friendship- Bestie Aide- makes me laugh and smile alllll day long!  We are so happy in our cocoon of friendship we can complete each other's sentences. Weird? Naah. Weird would be spoon feeding and monkey grooming (siting on shoulders scratching hair!)




Friends also take care of friends.  Bestie Candace brought me my favorite soup to me back when we were in college because I couldn't get out of bed and Elmo didn't know how to use the can opener. Who knew ten years later I'd be bringing her support and love and packages of hilarity when she was bed ridden in the hospital. 



True friends forgive. Like when you use their napkin. Laugh 'with' them in a dressing room. Puke in their car. And cook a pizza upside down in their oven with the plastic wrap still attached!



I'm very blessed to have an amazing family AND friends who support and love me for all of my zany spontaneity. But there are others who aren't as close to their family. FRIENDS are their family. And I have found that those friends are the ones who are truly an extension of my family! 



The world was built on love. Keep it moving, my friends!!  No one deserves to be lonely and you'd be surprised what you learn about a person just from a three minute conversation.  And who knows, maybe they need a friend?  Or a cat?? It's whatever. Cats never tell your secrets but they do poop in a box which is weird. 



Bah I've gotten off track again. Hug a friend. Better yet buy them chocolate. And diet coke. 



XOXO Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment