Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Thankfulness Day 20

I was never the 'religious' type as a teenager or young adult.  In fact, I had faith issues for a looooog time in my life.  Then one day, after having Zacharia, I felt my Grandmother's presence and I knew God was pressing into my heart to finally understand what was 'going on.'  And my Grandmother was there to cheer me on and let me know the weird, tingly feeling was ok.  I wasn't scared.  I was relieved.  It was like a breath of fresh air.  And my life has been fairy tales and rainbows ever since. 

Ok I'm stretching that a bit but seriously, God has changed my life in so many amazing ways!  Why was I not open to 'change' before?!?!?!
.
Then there's Beth Moore.  Bestie Red and I got to see her this past September.  I cannot even begin to tell you how powerful it was to accept Jesus as my savior with her holding my face.  (She is a pretty famous Christian celebrity...and she is from Texas.  It doesn't get any better than that!)


Less than a month later I was blessed to be baptized (again) with Bestie S.  Just when I thought having children or getting married...three times...would be the most impactful things I have ever done in my life, God throws me through a curve ball...or giant blue outdoor pool INSIDE a freezing church.  But being ceremoniously dunked in the water next to a girl who I knew was also letting go of a not so hot past and also chose to be my friend will be a memory I will NEVER EVER forget. 




Today was an especially hard day for me.  Struggles outside my realm of capabilities.  Friends that are hurting.  Colleagues who are conflicted.  We all feel like we are treading in deep, shark infested waters.  And this was in my mailbox today.

 
 I opened it up, slightly panicked that someone had stolen my credit card and used it to order a book from a Christian bookstore (ironic?).  And my heart stopped.  Beth Moore sent me a book!  An amazing book!  One she sells at her Living Proof Ministries.  And she sent me one!  How did she know I was going to have a bad day and cry through my bowl of soggy frosted flakes for dinner?  Who told her I almost threw in the towel today and walked away from something big?  What inspired her to send me a book to snap me back into focus? 

I have asked and prayed for so many things in the past year and I have been answered!  Sometimes it's not exactly what I want.  But I'd like to think God looks at life like jelly beans.  Some flavors suck but you will eat the whole bag.  Eventually.  And the black licorice ones won't kill you.  (Unless you are allergic to them.)  Then I'd really be prayin...

Singing praises!
XOXO Summer

1 comment:

  1. Girlfriend, you are amazing! And actually an answer to one of my own prayers...thankful for blessings like YOU in my life, love! Praying for you always!

    ReplyDelete