Saturday, November 23, 2013

Thankfulness Day 23

Life. Too short but at times too tough. Every hill we climb is just a lesson on humbleness. And for some intelligence. I digress. 

Each of us are equipped with amazing talents and ways to help our journey through life be more 'bearable'.  I'd like to think Jesus has a sense of humor much like mine. So he understands if sometimes I just need a moment alone. With a chocolate brownie. 

Some people will challenge you. Others will make you want to scratch your eyes out. Those are God's polishing stones helping shape you into the gem that you are.  Some might be a little more 'polished' than others. Then there are those that need more polishing. I don't judge. 

Some friends in life are like a breath of fresh air after cleaning the cat box. You want to peel yourself and stick to them just so you can absorb their refreshing cheer and optimism. 

God gives you options. Yes life is a challenge. You can take each hill with grace and dignity. Or you can dig your own grave of self pity and annoying pessimism.  I'm not going to sit around and watch ya do it though. I have too much recorded on my TiVo. 

Wealth isn't measured in gold in my book. It's who you live with. Not just at home. At work. At the gas station. At the doctor office. It's how you treat people. The more smiles you pass out the richer you are. 

How will you live your life? Who will you share a maple bacon doughnut? How will you make someone feel rich I'm life?




Love one, love all. 
XOXO Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment