Thursday, May 16, 2013

Crybaby Bass

Yesterday was the last day of school. Rewind a year ago and I was literally doing cartwheels down the hall after the last day. (5 1/2 months pregnant!) those kids were.....well....not super missed. Trust me.

 Fast forward to Thursday. I have dreaded it. Saying goodbye to twenty little faces that I have grown to love, teach, and cherish is like saying goodbye to twenty best friends. I sobbed at 2:45 today. I sobbed yesterday. I sobbed driving this morning. I sobbed on the phone with my Momma Monday. And Tuesday. And my Daddy told me to stop calling Wednesday. I'm hysterical. 

The good news is that we did have a blast this week. Ms. Mansker and I hung four balloons up on Monday. Each balloon had a fun thing to do in it and I made Ms. Mansker pop a balloon every day. (Loud noises make me scream...)

One of our things was bubbles and chalk. I tried to step up my teaching and make those 'indestructible bubbles' everyone posts on Pinterest using corn syrup. It was a flop. But we still had fun with good ol soap and water. 
Bubble chasers!

Minute to Win it games! 
Balance fruit loops on Popsicle sticks!

Yay!

Without hands, they have to get penne pasta on a long strand of spaghetti. (Obvi these pastas aren't cooked!). They loved this and made the funniest noises when they had mastered it!
Little guy on top kept crawling onto the table. Bless his heart he was motivated!

And last but not least, we did the cookie test. They had to put a cookie on their face and only use facial muscles to move it to their mouths. They were in hysterics watching me do this so naturally I thoroughly enjoyed watching them attempt this! I videoed one buddy's attempt, I had issues trying to load it. It's on my fb page...So funny!

This week was so fun! I'm sad to see Ms. Mansker go (she is going to teach her own class!! Yay!) and sad to see my little Loves leave. But I am super excited to meet my new friends in August!

Sorry for the absent post yesterday. I actually wrote thisThursday but last night was bonkers and didn't have time to post...
XOXO Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment