Sunday, August 5, 2012

Pop the bubbly, life is lovely!

     I love beverages!  Especially carbonated ones.  Being pregnant has been a challenge because my doctor strictly told me to avoid artificial sweeteners (diet sodas) and limited my 'Coca Cola obsession' down to one can a day.  I had to find another drink option-- fast! 

     I did realize that the caffeine is a much appreciated boost in my day, but it's not very healthy for me or my baby and I discovered the carbonation is what I truly enjoyed.  I tried club soda and juice (which is alright but juice has sugar in it) and several carbonated, flavored waters.  My big success was when I discovered La Croix at Whole Foods.  The only reason I tried it was because it was on sale...I'm glad I did!



     La Croix is literally sparkling (carbonated) spring water and natural fruit essence (flavoring).  Zero:  sodium, sweeteners {sugars or artificial}, and obviously free of fat and calories.  LOVE!  I have tried the Berry flavor and Grapefruit flavor so far..grapefruit being my fav.  I squeezed a quarter of a lime in with the water and drink it ice cold.  It's so refreshing!  But I must say, it is not sweet and has a 'required taste' to enjoy.  (My husband drank some of mine one day and made quite a face...not a fan...)

      They make a variety of flavors and upon doing 'shopping research', I have found select Walmarts carry the waters, Target might...the best options to find La Croix is Whole Foods (they have the biggest selection of flavors as well), Food Pyramid, and Reasors (a local Tulsa area grocery chain).  It's about $4.50 for a 12 pack (there are also 8 packs).  (Hence me fortunate for finding them on sale!)  Oh, Amazon.com also sells the carbonated goodness!

Here are the flavors:
  • Lime
  • Lemon
  • Grapefruit
  • Berry
  • Pure (no flavoring, just sparkling water)
  • Orange
  • Cranraspberry
  • Coconut
  • Lemon Lime
  • Peach Pear
Happy Sipping!
Summer


No comments:

Post a Comment