Monday, August 6, 2012

Blotches vs Blessings

I'm not going to lie. I'm so pregnant that I am miserable. I don't even feel like mixing water and angel food cake mix for angel food cake I've been craving. Blah. I do believe I've hit the end of this preggo tunnel. It's humbling to realize how much God has blessed us (4 miscarriages before Rylie and a SUPER easy conception with Zacharia. But I have been pregnant for two years! In Oklahoma summers! (notorious for miserable heat and relentless sun).

On the plus side, I am almost ready for school to start for my maternity leave substitute. My principal and I spoke on the phone last night and the woman taking my place is super competent and so sweet. My new batch of kiddos will be lucky!

I should also be grateful for my amazing husband. I was just thinking today, "He is so good to me and our family. I'll bet he never thought he would be a husband and daddy of two babies at the age of 25!?" (Zach is younger than me...). He is patient, helpful, and still maintains his sexy sense of humor after I have flipped out about something stupid. God bless him!!!

I am also so blessed to have amazing parents who have been über helpful and the sweetest in-laws that-thankfully- only live 10 minutes away!!!

So despite these horrendous contractions that will not let up or the fact that my bladder has turned into a squeeze toy, I am smiling. My Grandmother was right. Doughty women are strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment