Saturday, August 18, 2012

Beautilicious Birchbox!

     I found out about Birchbox thru a blogger/teacher, Eberhart's Explorers(GREAT classroom ideas, btw).  It is a website company that delivers a monthly package straight to your door full of cosmetic goodies!!  The best part is the price!  $10!  I buy some makeup at Sephora or Ulta and the quality you expect is definitely there from Birchbox.

     "Birchbox is monthly deliveries of deluxe samples from both well known brands and emerging gems. It's the smart way to try and buy new products."  Their goal is to help beauty conscious women and men discover fun products out there that are exceptional grade. When you sign up, you fill out a profile with your skin type, color, eye color, etc. so they can tailor the box to you!  At first I was skeptical-- $10 for a few samples?!  But once I received my first box, I was hooked. 

     Last month's included a beautiful gel stain for lips/cheeks.  I LOVE it!  So I was able to go to Birchbox's website and order the full size product and receive FREE shipping because it was part of the monthly theme.  (I did price the stain at Amazon, Sephora, and Ulta...Amazon was the only place that carried it and it was the same price but I would have had to pay shipping...)  (They also have a points program similar to Sephora and Ulta-- and yes, the measly $10 a month goes towards your points!)


 
Here's August's box: (I just got it yesterday and man-oh-man was I a happy camper!


Can you guess August's Theme? 
Once you open that box, you get down to the goodies:










To name a few goodies: 
  • beauty tips (the Beauty School pamphlet-- which was surprisingly informative!)
  • Juicy Couture perfume
  • a new lip gloss
  • stretch mark cream (it's like Birchbox knew I was about to have another baby!!)

 Who knew a little box of sunshine could really make a person's week?

     I'll keep the rest a secret, you simply MUST try this company out!  Once you are on their website, you are put on a waiting list for a few days and then they contact you via email to begin your beauty journey! 


Happy Grooming,
Summer

*Several people have asked me about how the pricing goes...there are several options:
  • $10/month subscription-- they take out the money and ship your box on the 10th of every month, you can cancel at any time-- no penalties--I chose this option.
  • You can also do 3, 6, or 12 month gifts for $30; $60, or $110.  FUN STUFF!
  • They have a Birchbox Men, which is the identical concept but $20/month-- dont' ask me why.

No comments:

Post a Comment