Saturday, June 1, 2013

Hello, my name is....

Watching the weather last night was an unusual source of entertainment for me. Bear with me, I had been around two children under the age of two allll day!

Husby and I found ourselves fascinated by some of the small town names in Oklahoma. Ones you never hear about (unless a tornado is headed straight towards it...).

Here are some we learned!

Slaughterville (nothing as romantic as a postcard from Slaughterville, Ok!)

Hogshooter (bacon!!!)

Jumbo, an old mining town which ironically has about 11,000 people in it... This is assuming my google researching skills are accurate! 

Cookietown (yes, we are most definetely moving there!)

Okay (which I am assuming is just...well...okay). 

Pink (ohmiword, it is my favorite color! Oklahoma just moved up a notch on my coolness scale!)

And lastly my dear friends, wait for it. I almost died... 

HOOKER. You may now pick your jaw up off the floor.  Are you ready for the super bonus?  Cross your legs so you don't pee!

Their mascot is: Hooker Horny Toads. 

I have no amazing words to follow that one. Just pure elation and relief I was a Stillwater Pioneer. Not quite sure how I would explain Hooker Horny Toad to strangers. I mean, I already throw people through a loop when they first meet me. Why add fuel to that loud mouthed fire??

Happy Saturday! We are watching Pocohantas in our jammies. 
XOXO Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment