Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Light My Fire!

I am known for attempts at being creative.  I'm a Pinterest junkie (who ISN'T?!) and when I found this:  I was motivated!

Glass Candle Votives:

 (The picture on the left...) 
 I thought a cluster of glass votives would be darling on our backyard patio table.

I had my parent's save a week's worth of glass jars (pickles, jam, relish, olives......) and saved ours.  I soaked the jars in soapy water to remove the sticky labels (but I didn't obsess about sticky residue...these jars were going to live outside on our patio table).

 Rubberband them!  I just bought a random assortment bag for a buck at Target.

Turn them upside down and spray paint them.  I just used whatever white stuff Husby had in the garage.  But I also used a CLEAR sealant spray paint to seal the paint.  Wait a few hours for the paint to dry.

I cut the rubberbands off so I wouldn't mess up the paint patterns.  I bought votive candles (16 in a bag) for a dollar at Dollar Tree.  Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment