Thursday, June 6, 2013

Cloud 9


Sobakawa Cloud Pillow.  Ever heard of it?  Bestie T bought one today and showed me it's amazing pillow-yness.  LOVE!  "It can be heated up or cooled!"  Awesome!  I wish my pillows did that!

We took the 'directions' to the pillow to dinner.  Lucky her, we actually read the instructions and they probably SAVED HER LIFE.  Seriously.

The directions literally say:

The fabric and enclosed beads are flammable.  Do not expose this product to open flames or and direct or indirect high temperature ignition source such as burning operations...

Our jaws dropped by this point.  A PILLOW is flammable?!  Is that even legal?  Then she kept reading:

Once ignited, fabric will burn rapidly  releasing great heat and consuming oxygen at a high rate.  

Oh great!  Please buy two more!  I can't believe you spent $40 on one of these death clouds!

In an enclosed space (like a bedroom?!) the resulting deficiency of oxygen will present a danger of suffocation to the occupants.   Amazing.

Hazardous gasses released by the burning fabric can be incapacitating or fatal to human beings if inhaled in sufficient quantities.  WTF!?!?

The pillow's  warning label continues to caution that no one under the age of 14 should use this pillow.  I'm assuming the pillow company imagines some responsible kid using it?  They need to realize something about the consumers they sell these pillows of heaven to.  Bestie T once tried to cook couscous in a rubbermaid container in a microwave.  True story.  I'm not sure if she meets the requirements of the "14 and up rule."  Just sayin.

In all fairness to my sweet Love, she has had a ghastly time trying to sleep and I truly hope this pillow helps more than it harms.  I laid my head down on it this afternoon and it was comfortably divine!  I just hope the dear girl doesn't go up in a ball of flames!

What flammable things have you encountered today?
XOXO Summer

1 comment:

  1. I conѕtantly еmailеd this ωеblog post ρage to all my
    contаcts, becаuѕe if liκе to reaԁ іt аfterwагd my contacts will tοο.


    Look at my website ... gaгdening ()

    ReplyDelete