Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Little Bird

II thought of you today. I was sitting outside enjoying the randomly cool weather eating lunch. And a little bird perched on a chair next to me. And I knew it was you. And I wondered. 

Zach and I have had our ups and downs. But we are as strong as ever. Can you believe it?

Two children that are the center of our lives and hearts.  You always told me your children were your biggest accomplishment. If mine are an accomplishment, I feel I almost deserve a  Nobel Peace Prize. How did you raise five?

You always supported me teaching. What would you say to me if you were sitting with my little Loves? I can just hear you laugh with them. And tell them stories... like how you tried to kill a chicken for dinner and ended up swinging it over your head like a helicopter when you were 12.

I baked cookies with Bee the other day. And I swear you were hovering over us telling us how to measure and mix. And yes, they turned out ah-mazing. Just like you taught me. 

Last weekend when I tucked in Turtle for his nap at my parents house, I sobbed as hard as I ever have wrapping him in the blanket you crocheted so lovingly for my mother when I came along. You always had faith that they would have children. It took 15 long years but you were right. 

And I smile everyday when I use your makeup mirror to get ready in the morning. I can just hear you humming your sweet songs and pitter pattering around in your soft night gowns. 

I miss you so so so much. Daily. So much I can literally feel my heart break sometimes. But I know you are happy and you are watching over us every second of every day. I love you Grandmother. Happy early birthday!

Your Granddaughter,
Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment