Friday, June 14, 2013

Fly Guy

Every time I turn around, I dang near have to spit a fly out of my mouth.  It has rained SO much in the past weeks that flies are reproducing like...well...flies.  I'm sick of being annoyed by them, so I googled 'fly' to see how to rid my life of these nasty pests.  I learned waaaaay more than I care to know about the sicko buggers but ya'll know I just had to share the highlights!

1.  Flies carry and can pass on super revolting diseases.  Like what you ask?  Um, bubonic plague.  Gangrene.  Nice.  I'm glad they sneak into my house and post up in my kitchen....

2.  The fly guys only travel as fast as 5 MPH.  So WHY are they so flippin hard to smash?

3.  A fly's life span is 30 days.  But some have been known to live up to 5 months (GAG).

4.  Flies only have two wings.  All ofter flying insects have four.  And when they 'take off' they actually fly backwards first.  Weird, right?

And lastly, 5.  My dog, Caddy, is obsessed with them.  She will literally hold perfectly still and watch them land on her food bowl and then snap her jowls until she catches a few.  Sure, she can do that, but fetch?  No way...

How many flies have you counted today?
XOXO Summer

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete