Monday, June 24, 2013

Colors of the Rainbow

It's all fun and games til someone sharts.  (Sharts, you ask? Urban Dictionary it...)


Let me preface with several things.

1.  Our children are the same size...literally.  So to save time and sanity, we bathe them together.  They love it.  And they have fun.  Hey, I'm all about efficiency.

2.  Bestie Houston bought us these super amazing bath water color drops.  We use them all the time.  They dye the bath water fun colors!

3.  The baby, our 10 month old Turtle is way beyond 'baby food' and will only eat what Big Sis eats.  And when I say he eats, what I really mean is he shovels his food like a bear preparing for winter.  Little man may only have 7 teeth but he sure gets the job done!

This being said, we fully expected him to gobble down his chili smothered baked potato last night.
And left over chili for lunch today.  And milk.  Oodles of milk in his sippy cup.  Oh and pepper steak for tonight's dinner.  With cabbage.  Get my drift?  The boy has fiber and lactose in his system.  Lethal combo.

Fast forward to tonight.  I'm giving both babies their baths together as always.  Everyone is happy and laughing.  I turn around for seven seconds to grab the shampoo.  And I notice the bathwater is colored. Did we put a color thingy in the water?   Both babies are splashing around and having so much fun!  But how did the water get so green?  OMG.  GAG.  Turtle's face seems more relaxed than normal.  Pure relief...in the tub!

This was literally 2 minutes before the 'incident'.  
I thought Mom Life couldn't get grosser when I was nursing and woke up to find my nursing pad had leaked. Or the first time I changed Turtle's circumcision dressings.  Or when Bee blew a raspberry in my face with a mouth full of tilapia.  Or we found a 'mystery' bottle under the changing table when we moved a few months ago (who knew formula could grow such...fuzzy mold?!)  But today changed everything.  I hope to God I never ever ever have to clean out a tub of floaty POO again in my life.  (And bless Husby's heart, ya'll KNOW he can't do it...then I'd be cleaning up poo and man vomit.  Double gag.)

Ya'll hungry now?  I'm still swallowing back bile.  And I haven't even eaten yet...  Two showers (babes of course) and some crushed up pepto bismol later, we sit anticipating bed time in T-minus 15 minutes.  Ah mommy life...

Bleaching every tub toy known to man,
XOXO Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment