Saturday, June 15, 2013

Ode to Husby

Since there are 'two' fathers in my life this year (my Husby and my Daddy) I shall share a little about each of them with ya'll.  Today will be Husby!

I never knew how much I could love a person until I saw how much he loved our daughter when she was born!  He was absolutely terrified.  In every way.  From diaper changing to dressing.  But bless him, he was a natural right from the first five minutes!

Right after Bee was born.

After having Bee I was exhausted, starving, and overwhelmed.  He was the one that helped and guided me in nursing (as weird as that sounds, but I swear if it wasn't for his strength thru all of it I wouldn't have followed through!).


When Bee had colic so bad we were up 8 hours in a night, he was the one that pumped her little legs to make her toot.  I was a frantic exhausted mess.  But he stuck with it.

Daughter like Father!

When Turtle was born he was the one that laid in my bed with me for 14 hours of not so fun labor til 1 am...

Trying to get a sip in!

He gets up with the kids early on the weekends just to spend time with them even though he has to get up at 4:45 am every weekday to go to work.

Teaching Turtle how to crawl.

Husby tries so hard to change poopy diapers but always ends up puking.  (Bless his heart!)

Singing!

He takes Turtle 'man shopping'.

Showing Bee how to use a screwdriver.

He sings ridiculous nursery rhyme renditions to the kids just to hear them laugh hysterically.

Just realized how many diapers we are going to go thru in a week!

Husby may choke when he sees how much I spend at Sams a month ($200 on diapers!) but he just smiles...

Showing Turtle the ropes of granite.

When he makes Bee breakfast...well...she loves it.  Normally it consists of cookies, frosted sugar coated fruit loops, and string cheese...True story.

Cheering up Bubba (he had RSV)

Husby sacrificed his mancave for his kids' backyard.  (Seriously, ya'll, that's a whopper of a sacrifice!)

Wrestling!

In the past two years of Daddyhood, I'd say Husby has learned a lot.  There is so so so so much more to learn, and he knows that.  But he is well on his way.  And I am so proud of him!  Thank you for putting up with temper tantrums, boogers, flying food, and everything else that encompasses parenting.  You truly are The Man.  :)

Tag!
Anyone can be a father; but it takes someone special to be a daddy.
XOXO Summer






No comments:

Post a Comment