Sunday, July 7, 2013

Window Seat

Whilst talking to a dear friend yesterday, I gained a valuable lesson. She told me in their almost ten years of marriage, she has learned to 'calmly gaze out the passenger seat' when her husband drives to avoid backseat driving and 'slow down! squabbles'. 

"It's habit now. I look to the right and that's it."  Pondering this, I'm wondering how many fights my sweet Husby and I would have avoided had I known this trick. 

Reflecting on our scenic drive back from Branson last year. Pouring ran. Flying through a two lane highway. Screaming toddler. My hair all but stood up. When we made it back to Tulsa I literally kissed the driveway. Could I have just looked out my passenger window and shut my mouth?

When we were dating... he hadn't even met my Dad... the ONE time Husby is driving and I do keep my mouth shut. And he rear ends an Escalade. Do you see the irony??

And what does a good wife do when the man of her dreams is all but hanging out the window blasting some poor guy on the BA just because he cut him off? I guess it wouldn't be too hard for me to look away and act like I don't know the crazy man in my drivers seat...

I should be lucky I suppose.  My daughter has learned to say 'Whee!' in the car when I 'accidentally' give the car too much gas or we go a smidge past the speed limit. Only the good Lord knows how long it will be til she rats me out to DaDa.  But I wonder dear friends... Would Husby have the self control to just look out the passenger seat window?

Only time will tell. Thank goodness a minivan can only go so fast. 



Adjusting my side view mirrors,
XOXO Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment