Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Morocan Shrimp-WW recipe

Ya'll this dish was so good!  When I posted the picture on FB, I was thrilled by it's attention!  Here's the recipe you requested!


Moroccan Shrimp

1 medium onion
1 (9 oz) box of raisins
1 can (14.5 oz) petite diced tomatoes
1 (1.7 oz) jar garam masala
1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp
cooking spray, salt, pepper

1.  Coat pan with cooking spray, add onion and brown.
2.  Add garam masala, stir, add shrimp and cook until done (about 4-7 minutes)
3.  Add tomatoes, raisins, salt and pepper, stir constantly and serve as soon as everything is hot.
Makes 4 one cup servings at 4 points each.

The recipe suggested serving this with a side of couscous but we prefer rice.

Here's how I did it!

I used all of the ingredients listed above but I used powdered garam masala-- about 1 1/2 TB
(can you buy it in a liquid/paste form?!)  And I bought 'onion and garlic' petite diced tomatoes to add to the flavor.  Oh, and I just used a 1 pound bag of frozen, pre-cooked shrimp so I wouldn't have to worry about 'un-done' sea fare.

 I will say this, the raisins added a nice 'unfamiliar' flavor but Husby told me next time skip 'em.  Ironically the baby, Turtle was the only one who really gobbled those down.

And like I said, I just boiled some long grain white rice with 2 whole bay leaves, salted and buttered the rice and served the shrimp over it.  YUMMY!  :)  I hope ya'll enjoy this as much as we did-- perfect for a summer night!

WW Original Recipe
Taken from: Weight Watchers 5 Ingredient 15 Minute Cookbook

XOXO Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment