Tuesday, July 16, 2013

MIA

Ya'll, this summer has been crazy busy but so much fun!  I must say I am really enjoying NOT being pregnant through another Oklahoma summer!

That being said, I will update you on what's going on in the Bass House.  (Wow, it never ceases to amaze me how much that sounds like the name of some small town, off the highway fish joint in Texas...)

Turtle is so close to walking!  He has such a fun big sister to learn from.  Too bad she is always so busy trying to climb over everything in sight he can't quite keep up.  Yet. 

I have joined Weight Watchers again and I LOVE my meeting but I am so sad because school will start in a month and I won't be able to go to my weekly 10:00 session.  Sad face.  But I've lost 15 pounds.  CRAZY, right?  Husby laughs hysterically at me because I will still stuff my face daintily nibble on cookies, I just have to track them...

I cut my hair off.  Completely.  I saw a friend's wedding pictures from this summer and LOVED her beautiful hair (and pictures-- they look like a fairytale bridal magazine photo shoot!!).  I scrambled into the beauty salon, having never met this poor stylist before and declared she had "30 minutes to make me look like this *enter picture from my scratched, mangled phone* and to ignore the remnants of my faulty eyebrow wax (I waxed off HALF of the left side of my face by accident.  Shame on me for attempting this feat with a 2 yr old and 1 yr old audience)...  Anyway.  The stylist succumbed to the challenge and pulled off an amazing cut!  :)



We have been so blessed with amazing people in our lives.  Our neighbors have been so sweet and we have SO enjoyed getting to know them.  (How many times can I say so?)  I am SO excited for school to start and the fall decorating, baking, holidays, and EATING can begin!  You know you've got it good when your neighbor needs a dash of vanilla for cookies and then brings them to you straight from the oven on a silver platter.  Warm.  With fireworks outside to watch.  Ah-mazing.  Envious?  You should be.

We have had fun play dates with friends!  Bestie Houston came up this past weekend, two birthday parties in ONE day, pony 'double' birthday back in the beginning of July...and the list goes on and on!  This Friday we are super pumped about our trip to the Jenks Aquarium!  God has brought some wonderful friends in our lives!  It's like he knows Bee needs life lessons on sharing.  (Wink wink!)

I have attempted several Pinterest 'things' that have been a complete FLOP.  Here's a hint.  A recipe that I was eager to try and after I had all the ingredients ready, the link to the recipe DOESN'T match the ingredients.  I bought things for some sort of cream cheese chicken lasagna thing.  The recipe link went to chicken enchiladas with corn tortillas.  GRR.  I did what I could with the ingredients....our poochie, Caddy, had a GREAT dinner, let me tell ya.

My next Pinterest flop is the 'Listerine vinegar' pedicure foot soak.  You're supposed to soak your feet in a mix of Listerine, vinegar and hot water.  For 10 minutes.  And like an idiot I sat in my bathroom sink for THRITY minutes, convincing myself it was working.  I walked away with BLUE feet (Listerine apparently dyes skin...), tingly legs, and a weird smell throughout my house...thank you vinegar.  But no dead skin sloughing off as promised.  So glad I wasted precious 'quiet time' after putting the Littles to bed.

I've spent the last two days relaxing in Stillwater with my parents and sweet Uncle from Colorado.  I'm headed home tomorrow, clearly Husby cannot survive on left overs for three nights in a row.  It might kill him.  Ha! 

What have you been up to?
XOXO Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment