Monday, July 22, 2013

Icing on the Cake

I've decided Pinterest ideas are much like Online Dating.  You never really know what you are going to get and one must always anticipate a sketchy outcome.  In fact, I was telling a good friend the other day that 75% of my Pinterest attempts are worthy of a toilet flush.  

But have faith!  I baked a cake and tried the 'faux fondant' icing technique I saw on Pinterest and it was success!

I baked a yellow cake (I cheated and used a box mix...don't judge)!!
 
I tore a sheet of parchment/wax paper into quarters and slid a piece under each side of the cake.  That way when I am done icing, I can remove the paper and there won't be a messy cake plate.  I know, I'm a genius.

Here's where the faux fondant idea came in.  You are supposed to microwave store bought icing for 15 second intervals until it's 'liquefied'.  This only took me two 15 second intervals, stirring in between.  If you get the icing too hot, just let it cool on your counter for a few minutes.  


Then you just pour the icing over the cake and let it set.  That took about 20 minutes.  


I slowly removed the wax paper and voila!


I added strawberries to make it all fancy schmancy and there ya'll go!  Happy Cake!


XOXO Summer




2 comments:

  1. SO jealous of your haircut! I just don't have the guts to do it! It is so cute and my all time fave/dream haircut!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OHMIWORD how much I LOVE You! Thanks Jae! You know, I didn't really have the guts either but I couldn't really tell the chickie to stop half way through chopping it off! HAHAHA! I love it now!

      Delete