Friday, July 5, 2013

One Night Stand

 I love my Husby. So when summer break started for me I magically transformed into this amazing, attentive, caring wife. (I know, I'm shocked too!)  

With the summer heat beating down on his back every day it really kinks his appetite. He isn't really hungry until bed time. Enter gross details...

 One time he actually ate CHICKEN WINGS in bed right next to me. I have awoken in the am with his previous night's popcorn kernels stuck to my face. When I rolled out of bed and into three pudding cups I had enough. (Ok one more. Once he was sleep walking in the kitchen, poured himself a GIANT Eskimo Joes glass of Pepsi and attempted to drink it in bed. Epic fail. We both woke up covered in sticky syrup and wondering who peed the bed. Haha sure the man can successfully pour a glass full while in deep slumber but drink it? Apparently not...)

Due to my kitchen creativity and being a sucker for his sweet 'pleeeease's, I created something I thought would be a one night thing. Boy was I wrong. 


'Snack plates'. I started small. Crackers and cheese. Then popcorn and strawberries. Now he asks 'only one plate?'  What have I done?!

It is now our nightly ritual to put the kids to bed and he prattles off whatever sound good to him while I head to the kitchen as a short order cook. 

I may sing at the top of my lungs off key. Shrink laundry. Accidentally wash all of our mulch down the street with my inability to run a water hose. But I'd say Husby has it pretty darn good!

What shall I make for his snack plate tonight?
XOXO Summer


No comments:

Post a Comment