Thursday, July 18, 2013

White River Fish Market

Southern Living ranted and raved about White River Fish Market in one of their previous issues this year.  Sidder and I were so excited to try it!

This past Monday I finally got to eat at White River.  It was SOOO good!

It's located in 'north' Tulsa, in a scary sort of area but once you walk in the doors and see all of the fresh fish and shrimp, any hesitations go out the window (and into the questionable 'salon' next door)...

Being back on Weight Watchers has at times been a struggle, especially when I am at a restaurant that serves amazing fried shrimp... my favorite food EVER.  EVER.  EVER.

I opted for the 'broiled' platter, a piece of tilapia, 3 shrimp, scallops, and hush puppies. You also get two sides (baked potato was yummo, cole slaw sucked).



My Uncle ordered the gumbo, rendered delish once hot sauce was applied!  He also had the seafood salad.



My parents always order the same thing at every restaurant they go...fried catfish...and they also gobbled down theirs.



Everything on the menu is around $14 a plate but you get so much food and the fish is MEGA fresh.  Completely worth it!

The best part for my Momma was the Buttermilk pie.  It had a luscious lemon flavor which I didn't care for but everyone else loved it!



Now do you see why I had the hiccups? :)

Starving as usual,
XOXO Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment