Monday, December 2, 2013

Viva Italia!

In lieu of a five day celebration completely devoted to eating, I have been inspired to try some new recipes. Tonight's was tortellini bake. I found the recipe on Pinterest but I altered it a tad...

Here's the original pic:

I obviously am illiterate because ours turned into ravioli bake but whatever. Perhaps it's because I wrote this weeks' menu in the passenger seat of a van of screaming children. I might reassess my menu... I digress. 

I bought:
a bag of frozen ravioli (cheese filled)
a jar of Classic Alfredo sauce 
a can of 'traditional' pasta sauce 
a bag of shredded 'Italian blend' cheese

I boiled the pasta and once the little squares of cheesy happiness floated up the top, I carefully spooned them into a mixture of 3/4 bag of cheese, 1/2 can of tomato sauce and the whole jar of Alfredo. 
 
(I poured the remaining can of sauce in a ziplock bag and froze it for next time). 

I poured the mixture into a Pam sprayed pan and baked it for thirty minutes at 375 degrees. Five minutes before taking it out I topped it with the remaining 1/4 cheese. 

In hindsight I should have incorporated a protein in there. Maybe some Italian sausage. Yummy.  Bestie Aide will be sampling it for lunch tomorrow. Hopefully she will like it! 

Ciao Bella!
XOXO Summer   

No comments:

Post a Comment