Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Snapshot 2013

Reflecting back on 2013 was a happy occasion for me. Here's our year:

Jan-
1.  Husby turns 26!! 
2.  I realize how IN LOVE I am with my pre-k kiddos this school year!
3.  My poor Turtle is diagnosed with RSV. This sets off his continuous battle with viscous asthma. We have our first ER visit at St. Francis Hospital. 

Feb- 
1.  I sell my Explorer (I MISS IT EVERY DAY) and go from super cool to minivan mom. 
2.  We get robbed while we are asleep in our house- this prompts Husby to get our gears rolling to move out of Tulsa.  
3.  As tradition seems to go, I am yet again sick on Valentine's Day. I actually missed a whole week of work. My gall bladder blessed me with the worst five day diarrhea of my LIFE. 
4.  We make an offer on a house in Berry Hill!

March-
1. We close on our first house purchase as a married couple!
2.  We celebrate our first wedding anniversary!
3.  I pretty much crawl into a hole and wait to die. Gall bladder has to go. 
4.  We move in!
5.  Bestie Anne AND Bestie Houston both have sweet baby girls!

April-
1.  Husby decides he wants to pursue his college career in the fall!!
2.  I FINALLY get my wretched gall bladder removed. Ironically they didn't tell me before the surgery that they puff your abdomen full of air...when I woke up I freaked out on my parents because I thought they did the wrong surgery and made me pregnant. Hahaha!

May-
1.  I celebrate my first Mother's Day with my 'complete' little family!
2.  I join Weight Watchers! 
3.  I tearfully say goodbye to one of the BEST group of pre-k kiddos ever! I also panic and cling to Ms. Mansker because I know she is leaving to teach and she is all I have ever known teaching pre-k. And she laughs at my jokes!!!
4.  My immediate family and I go to Texas!! So much fun!

June-
1.  We celebrate my Grandmother's life! And miss her SO so so much. 
2.  I am able to swim in a regular bathing suit! First summer in TWO years to not be a beached (preggo) whale!
3.  Our 1 1/2 year old daughter potty trains herself. Trust me, it's because she is as stubborn as her daddy!

July- 
1.  I chop off my hair!
2. Bestie Houston visits and our kids bond beneath the water park in the OKC Zoo!
3.  Bee experiences her first fireworks. It was brutal. 

Aug-
1.  Husby starts his first official semester of college!!!
2.  I anxiously await to meet new new precious Loves at school!
3.  Bestie Aide enters my life. And I hope she never leaves!
4.  I fly solo all the way to NM to see my sweet cousin marry the girl 
of his dreams. And I only panicked 3 times! (In flight...not bc of the wedding!!)
5.  My precious, beloved Granddaddy becomes quite sick. 
6.  My 'baby' Turtle turns 1! (And I spend the birthday afternoon with Bee at Ergent Care bc she has a horrendous UTI). 
7.  Bestie Aide and I fall head over heels in love with our new group of kiddos!  Seriously sweetest kids!

Sept-
1.  My Grandaddy peacefully passes away. It was an honor to be a small part of his almost 100 years of life. 
2.  Bestie Red and I get to see Beth Moore and her Living Proof Ministries Live in Tulsa!! I got to MEET her! I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior! 
3.  Bee turns 2!!
4. I attend church for the first time in 7 years!

Oct-
1. I THINK I am about to turn 28. Turns out I can't count and I literally lost a year of my life because I turned 29. Seriously thought I was 27 for about 8 months. 
2.  Favorite day of the school year- Jammie Day!
3.  Sweet MIL helps me take our Loves trick-or-treating for the first time in our new subdivision. Bee was a cat. Turtle was a pumpkin! Daddy ate all of their candy!

Nov.-
1. My parents go on their first vacation without 'children' for the first time in 29 years! 
2.  I get baptized with Bestie S!

Dec.-
1.  We have several snow days! Yay!
2.  Celebrate Bestie Aide's birthday with bowling. To my amazement my high score was 35. 
3.  My Husby and 1 yr old were in a scary car accident! Luckily. They were able to 'walk' away. But I could do with NOT following another ambulance to St. Francis again!
4. Best Christmas ever! So much love!! (And our Littles were so blessed by everyone's generosity!)
5. Turtle has a double ear infection, upper resp. infection, 2 asthma attacks and a sinus infection. (God bless Dr. Ross!)
6.  Husby successfully completes his first semester witha 4.0! 
7.  We rock in the New Year in our pj's and popcorn!

I hope y'all had as blessed a year as we did!  We had many things to be thankful for!

XOXO Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment