Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Feeding the Soul

Dearest followers, 
   I am about to begin a very exciting journey in my life! At church, we were challenged to begin the New Year by fasting to bring us closer to God. 

Instantly I knew the fast God wanted me to complete. It's not one of food or 'caffeine'. God put it in my heart to compete a Media Fast. Instead of checking Facebook every seven minutes, I can read from my Bible app or do a devotional. I can pray. Or be a decent mom and play more with my children! 

The fast will last 21 days, starting tomorrow. I will be deleting the Facebook and Pinterst app from my phone and pray I don't suffocate from not 'being social'. After 21 days I will download them again. 

I feel God wants me to share my experience with y'all so I will continue to blog. And yes, I will post the links on Facebook. 

I'm so excited to see what God has in store for me! Please pray for me that I might gain everything I can from the next 21 days!

How will you kick off the New Year?
XOXO Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment