Thursday, December 26, 2013

On the 13th day of Christmas...

I don't really remember Bee's transition from nursery to 'kid room'.  Maybe that's because I looked like Free Willy and I was 483 months pregnant with Turtle and I knew we only had a small window of time before her brother came to kick her gracefully out of her crib...By small window I meant a sliver of a crack of a porthole...

That being said, it is time to transition Turtle.  We will be ordering the 'big boy' bed parts for his crib soon...(anyone have a full size mattress they don't need?!).  He got oh so many wonderful toys during Christmas and no where to put them...Bestie Aide and I accepted Mission Bookshelf this morning!

After fueling up at IHOP, my car, AND Arbys, I was ready! 

We hit up almost every furniture thrift store/antique store in the Tulsa area.  And found some very exciting things.  But no bookshelf.

I feel the need to also explain my desire for tacky Christmas attire.  Ever since our Ugly Sweater Contest at work, I have been on the lookout for ridiculousness.  SO HAS BESTIE!  The minute she walked out the door she handed me this beautiful gem!  Look at the horrendousness!  We wore our bags allllllll day.  :)



One shop we went into was so fascinating!  It was an antique store and nothing in the place was under $300.  (We played Price is Right amongst the antiques worth more than our cars.)

Check out this gem!



Every time you turned around you found something new!  Each 'display' was really a small room modeled to look like a living room, bed room, whatever.  We found some scary rooms!



Dead, smashed, 'preserved' birds....who decorates with that?!  Then I looked over and saw the HOLLOW turtle shells and I had to walk away.  Quickly.



Pointy Stool? 

We were getting nervous about the establishment when we saw THIS!



Pipe holder?  Goat hoof?  Pick one?!

Fear not my friends!  We came across some awesome bedroom layouts.  I became a unicorn and this deer's feet came off....so they glued them back by his head.  (Normal, right?)



Lastly we discovered every tree decorated was themed.  Then we looked closely at some of the ridiculously overpriced ornaments.  And noticed something... 

Yep.  Rudolf, the space cadet!  Yours for only $69.99.  Wait, the lady said they were half price...What a bargain!

Bestie Aide, adventures with you are so much fun!  Ironically we gave up and went to WalMart.  I found a $17 bookshelf and bins for Turtle's trains at Dollar Tree!  Who knew crap hole Walmart would save the day?

What did you do the day after Christmas?
XOXO Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment