Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Just keep swimming...

Diana Nyad swam from Cuba to Florida all by herself. For 53 hours. Without a shark cage. She is SIXTY FOUR. 

Dear friends. Let me explain something to ya'll. I'm 28 years old. Decently healthy and quite ambitious. But I promise you, never in my years have I, nor will I desire to do such a ludicrous thing. 

Sixty four. That's 6 and 1/2 decades. 

Here's my grand list of things I hope to achieve by then. If I survive to be that 'old'. (NOT saying that is old! Just saying it's an age). 

1. Drive a car cooler than a minivan.

 2. Be a size 4. Ha ha. Hey, I can dream! 

3. Be married for a loooooong time. I'm a good cook. That's 'Husby' insurance.

 4. Finish an entire tube of chap stick without losing it. Or washing it. Or having Bee or the dog devour it. Or leaving it in the car to melt.

 5. Making ramen noodles without screwing it up. Isn't that fascinating?! I cannot for the life of me make them successfully. Husby gives me drama about it every time. 

6. Pay off all my credit cards...Or some...or just enough to keep on shopping! 

7. Sleep in. 

And lastly, 8. Bring laughter to everyone I meet.

 I must say, some of these things on my list are a tad 'out there' and perhaps unreachable. But Miss Diana swam from one continent to another. Surely I can achieve something...I'll start with a new tube of Lip Smackers! 

 Reach for the stars! Or whatever... XOXO Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment