Wednesday, July 25, 2012

WW Wednesday (Weight Watchers)

It has been almost two years since I have been an official WW member...I was actually following the program when I became pregnant with my first child, Rylie (the doctor thinks my losing weight kicked off my ovulation...being overweight stops normal body functions like that-- so AMEN to WW!)  Anyways.  I am so excited to start again, I have gotten out all my books and read through them...I've looked at healthy recipes and scoured over endless blogs and websites from people who are successful and WW and cook yummy foods that even Zach will eat.

 Let me pause for a minute to help you understand...my husband is not a picky eater by any means.  But some WW recipes out there are BIZARRE and gross.  I will never forget the first time I made Weight Watchers Shepard's Pie.  Virtually everything came from a can and it didn't even taste like food.  My dogs wouldn't even eat it!

I am 8 months pregnant with my second (and last) child, and this pregnancy has been unique in that all I have wanted to eat is fast food, coke, and Reeses Pieces...oh and it is also a back to back pregnancy with my last one (our children will be about 11 months apart!  EEK!)  So I will have a LOT of work to do on the treadmill!  I am starting to change my eating habits now, and let me tell you friends-- celery sticks, salad, and endless bottles of water really don't make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside like a warm chocolate chip cookie and a frosty glass of Coca Cola...Just sayin.  If you have any amazing recipes out there that are healthy and worth tryin, shoot 'em my way!  I am going to attempt a cookie recipe tonight using cake batter?!  The pictures look pretty awesome and they are only a few points per cookie...if they turn out I will bring them to our weekly Sunday Suppers with our group of friends we have.  If they don't turn out...well, we will have two very happy dogs in our back yard!

Here's the link to the cookies (and this chickie's blog and pinterest site have the best WW stuff I have found.  You should poke around her sites if you have a minute or two).

http://livingachangedlife.blogspot.com/2010/09/recipe-review-cake-mix-chip-cookies.html

No comments:

Post a Comment