Friday, July 27, 2012

First Day of Pre-K

   I'm assuming I will be able to make it the first day of school this year...or maybe my baby will come sooner?  Who knows!  Regardless, here is an adorable, EASY project for my class to do the first day of school (or first week if time goes by fast!)

Here is what you need:
  • Cardboard (blank) puzzles (Dollar Tree?, Hobby Lobby, Michaels, etc)
  • Medium sized manila envelopes (our supply closet at school has a plethora of them because no one ever uses them!)
  • Poem
  • Non-Toxic, washable paint (finger paint, Crayola classroom paint, etc.)
  • Sharpie to label each puzzle

   (*I would like to point out that I have an AMAZING aide who manages most of our art projects.  The best time to attempt this painting activity is during centers and she pulls 2 or 3 kiddos aside at a time.*)



   I retyped the cute little poem.  Here is the text (I don't know how to attach a Word Document or convert one into Adobe. :(  If you do, feel free to show me!)


Now you can sit down on the floor
With your favorite Pre-K kid.
We’ll put it together while I tell about
All the fun things we did!

I made a puzzle just for you,
At school on my very first day.
It’s made with love and my handprint,
In a very special way.
 
   Once everyone has painted their precious puzzles, they can illustrate their envelopes and you can send them home!  Love?  I do!

Happy Friday, Ya'll!
Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment