Sunday, July 29, 2012

Heating Up the Kitchen

   Summer time is brutal in Oklahoma, even cooking in my house causes the temperature to rise!  It has been quite a task trying to feed my family without passing out by the stove.  I broke down and bought a couple of frozen 'dinners in a bag' that you simply toss on a skillet and cook for less than 10 minutes. 

   I tried this one from Stouffers and we loved it!  (I felt it needed more veggies so I added my own extra carrots and peas.  I just tossed them in some water in a bowl and 'steamed' them in the microwave for 5 minutes and added them to the pan).


Needless to say, it was a big hit...


  We are off to our weekly Sunday Supper with our friends.  Tonight we will be having Sweedish Meatballs and Noodles.  (Since we aren't hosting, we are bringing a side dish-- roasted Summer vegetables and those delish cookies I shared in a recipe earlier this week.)

Happy Eating ya'll!
xoxo
Summer



No comments:

Post a Comment