Friday, October 12, 2012

Friday Five!

This is my last Friday Five of Maternity Leave.  I'm struggling with being excited about going back to work and being with littles all day and sad because I am closing another chapter of my life (no more babies!).  Luckily, my own children have an ah-mazing nanny who loves them as much as my Hubby and I do.  :)  SO blessed!

Ok, here goes nothing:

1.  I was poking around one of my favorite stores, Mardel, and I found this little gem in the back on clearance.  It was SIXTY CENTS!  Isn't it sweet?  I finally took down my husband's tacky OU ornament...(Ironically, I went to OSU!)


 
 
2.  My dear, sweet friend from college bought a beautiful house and moved her little family even farther away from me!  So we made the 60 minute road trip south to see her.  Bee had a BLAST playing with friends her own size and only got a 45 minute nap the whole day without shedding a tear.  YAY for Bee! (Candace, I love your new abode, I promise we won't wait this long to see each other again! xoxo)






3.  I am big on moisture and soft skin.  My momma found this luxurious body wash at WalMart.  It made my skin so soft I didn't need post shower lotion and one of my friends actually thought I shaved my arms, my skin was so smooth.  (No, I don't, that sorta freaks me out...gross...)
 
 
 
4.  I found a fun teacher blog!  She is a first grade teacher with great ideas, precious classroom, and fun pictures!  :)  Visit her here.
 
5.  My cream cheese icing recipe I promised you from Bee's birthday.  (To see that post, click here).  I found the recipe on Foodnetwork.com, but added my own touches.  It's so easy, spreadable, and delish!
 
Cream Cheese Icing
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, softened (I left mine out on the counter overnight)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened (ditto)
-2 cups powdered sugar
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-1/4 c cold milk
*if you want to flavor your icing use jam.  (i.e. I wanted strawberry icing for Bee's cupcakes, so I added a couple tablespoons of good ol' strawberry jam.  It gave the icing a beautiful color and a great flavor).
 
1.  Carefully combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until completely combined.  If you use a mixer, which I recommend, start on the lowest setting so you don't get powdered sugar on your ceiling.
2.  To pipe icing, spoon into one side of a freezer bag, push to corner of bag, snip of end of bag, and carefully squeeze onto cupcakes. 
 
 
Happy Friday, Ya'll!
xoxo Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment