Thursday, September 27, 2012

An Un-Bee-lieveable Birthday


Here's the Bee Birthday Blog Edition!






 
We had her birthday at our house, outside.  I LOVE fall weather, but it was quite warm that day.  I made all the cupcakes from scratch (vanilla and strawberry) with cream cheese and strawberry cream cheese icing.  (I"ll put the recipe on the next blog post...)  I even piped the icing by hand....all for it to melt in the too hot sun.  The bright side?  We had a wonderful turn out and Bee got lots of goodies!  

We felt very humbled, loved and blessed.  


Her party was cupcake themed...


 I even found marshmallows in the shape of frosted cupcakes...They were delish!  They were in the baking aisle of Walmart next to choc. chips...and they were only a dollar a bag!  I cut some in half and put them on some of the cupcakes...  To make Bee's cake, I used to heart shaped mini cake pans and just frosted it with the strawberry cream cheese icing.  YUMMY!  She devoured it!




The worst part about turning one?  Shots...The next Tuesday she had 3 big doozies in her poor little legs!  How did Mommy make it better?  We found a Pumpkin Purse!
We celebrated MY Daddy's birthday one week later by lunch and shopping at his favorite place, Bass Pro Shops.  (See the purse?)

We have hit two more milestones..well maybe three...
1.  NO paccy!
2.  Drinking solely out of a sippy cup.
3.  Napping and sleeping all night in her new bed!  (I'd better hurry up and finish brother's bedding so it matches his OU room!)

No comments:

Post a Comment