Friday, October 26, 2012

Chicken and Noodles Upgrade



Best comfort food during cold weather?  You guessed it!  (Or maybe you didn't, whatever....)  HA!  Ok, seriously, chicken and noodles are my go to every time.  But there are so many steps.  It it's time consuming. And my normal recipe could feed the Duggar Family...you know, the family that just keeeeeps on growing?!

Then I discovered something on Pinterest.  Normally I am skeptical about recipes I find on there because they might look good, but they end up being weird or gross or just NOT what I thought they would be.  Not this one!  Here's the link to it.  Now here's what I did...

Chicken and Noodle Happiness
Oven: 350 degrees
9 X 13 Casserole Dish

- 1 fully cooked rotisserie chicken (Walmart, deli section); deboned and shredded
-1 package egg noodles (found in pasta aisle, next to regular pasta)
-2 cans cream of chicken soup
-1 bag of shredded cheese (2 cups)...I used sharp cheddar
-1 small can of carrots-drained
-1 cup milk
-1/4 c Ritz crackers- crushed
-dash of hot sauce, salt, pepper, whatever you like..maybe oregano?
1.  Boil pasta- only takes about 6 minutes.  Debone chicken while it's cooking...don't forget, oven at 350...
2.  Combine 1 1/2 cups cheese, chicken, soup, cooked noodles, milk, and spices.  Dump in casserole dish...maybe not dump...pour?
3. Sprinkle cracker crumbs all over.
4.   Cook for 20 minutes covered.  Take off foil, top with remaining cheese, cook another 5-10 minutes or until bubbly.

YUMMO!

Peace, Love, Chicken
Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment