Monday, March 24, 2014

Marinated Grilled Chicken and Tomatoes

Ya'll I am on a cooking roll!!!  And I did some research, last night's recipe and today's are actually from Prevention Magazine.  Who knew?  So, these dishes are also presumed to be healthy!  YAY!

I served the chicken and tomatoes with 'garlic pull apart bread' and corn.  (Another blog about the garlic bread another time, promise!)

The chicken was delish!  Here's how I did it:


Marinated Grilled Chicken and Tomatoes 
3 TB balsamic vinegar (this REALLY made the marinade!  Don't cheat with regular vinegar!)
2 tsp Dijon mustard
3 TB olive oil
1 tsp minced garlic (jarred garlic is always a staple in my fridge)
2 medium tomatoes, quartered
1 onion, sliced
1 1/2 lb chicken breasts

Combine all ingredients EXCEPT tomatoes.  I made the marinade the night before, poured it over the onions and frozen chicken breasts I had, and let it thaw and absorb the juicy goodness overnight.   

You could grill this outside for amazing 'grill' taste, but I used my trusty cast iron skillet grill I could use on my stove top.  Once I was ready to start cooking, I used a med-LOW heat so the chicken would be juicy and cook evenly.  If you get the skillet too hot, it will burn on the outside and be raw grossness on the inside.

I sprayed the grill with non stick spray, poured the chicken and onions and the marinade on top.  I let it cook about 8 minutes on one side, and while I waited on that to cook, I quartered my tomatoes.  I flipped my chicken and added the tomatoes.  The dish took a bit to cook, the chicken was pretty thick.  A meat thermometer should read 165 degrees for optimum 'doneness'.  :)

I hope ya'll try this in the summer time.  It will definitely be a fun grill meal!

How was your Monday?
XOXO Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment