Friday, March 28, 2014

Friday Five-Food Crawl




You know you have a true friend when they will share good with you in the back of a minivan with four small children.

Today Bestie Super Mom (Super for short)  and I introduced our poor children the art of being a foodie. Mind you one child will choose carrots and peas over junk food and cake, another child (mine, ironically) is only really interested in something worthy of being dipped in ranch THEN ketchup.

Here' goes!

1.  ITR (In the Raw) food truck was FAB!  Bestie Super got California Rolls and I ordered NY Rolls.  We concluded the difference was hers were crab, my NY rolls were shrimp.  And something in the NY was almost sweet.  Bestie Super's California Rolls were perfectly savory and just the right amount of 'seafood'.  Could. Not. Get. Enough.  Even Turtle had a few!  (Bee just decided to 'dip' herself in the soy sauce...Sigh...

ITR



Explaining Sushi...they were not thrilled!

2.  The Bone Pile Food Truck.  Oh my word!  Ya'll hold onto your bar stools!  We discovered bacon tacos served with fresh lettuce, pico de gallo, guac and a spicy mayo.  Let me first say this.  I HATE mayo but this stuff was so good and not quite fire burning that it really made the tacos.  Life changing.  Must have more.  I talked to the sweet people in the truck (I practically climbed in myself to eat more bacon....luckily I'm short and those trucks are tall...) and they told me they were in the process of opening a restaurant but for now you can find them on Facebook and their awesome food truck is in Owasso.  Clearly I will be making some road trips in the near future.




Bacon Tacos, Ya'll!

3.  Bestie Super also ordered a cheeseburger which was divine!  The kiddos helped her devour it, I stole a few bites!  And their fries?  Wowza!  They are super crispy yet thick and the spice they put on them hits the spot.  Salty with a kick.

4.  Momma, this will make you smile.  My minivan.  Spring is a tad moody here in these parts, and it was chilly.  Too cold to just plop down on some grass nonchalantly with a bacon taco.  We literally shoved strollers to front seats and blanketed the back of my van and had a lil picnic.  The kids were a tad spastic until we fed them and then we former teachers had quite a feeling of success when they sat quietly.  For three minutes.  HA!

Most angelic, sweet girl!  Miss A!

Mr. Personality!  Gotta love Mr. G!

Sushi?!
G and Bee were a bit more excited about their first food crawl!  (See the soy sauce on her skirt?!)
Thank you sweet stranger who took this.  Bestie Super was getting our food!

Sweet Babes
5.  Good friends.  The past three weeks have been quite challenging for me and Bestie Super really helped me get out of my funk and embrace life's changes.  And she ate bacon with me.  That enhances any relationship as far as I'm concerned.
Love. Her.




Food crawl = Food coma

Happy Weekend, Ya'll!
XOXO Summer

1 comment: