Friday, January 10, 2014

Lunges and Burpees

When someone mentions working out, I always crinkle up my nose and make a dying squirrel noise. 

That being said, to prove to Bestie Aide just how much she means to me, I agreed to work out with her 3-4 times a week. (Honestly I'm glad because I've sadly gained FIFTEEN POUNDS since August). 

So far I have learned these things: 

-just because the workout claims to be '10 quick minutes' does not mean it is easy. I'd rather push out another 8 pound baby than do some of those scary moves again!

-muscles exist right below our arm pits. We did not learn this until the 'booty boosting' session we discovered on YouTube. I take that back. I did not discover this until dressing, eating, doing laundry, shaving my under arms--that one made me cry-- or breathing. So much pain. 

-Piloxing is Pilates and kickboxing combined. And it. is. brutal. Yet deceiving. You don't realize the pain until you collapse when you try to get out of bed the next day.

-80's style workout gear is something we are definitely trying to bring back. Desperately. (Hoping skin tight leotards and socks to our chins will up our motivation). 

Most days are good and we are able to laugh (or cry) with each other. Hopefully this will be one resolution I can stick with. 


How did you spend your Friday?
XOXO Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment