Tuesday, January 14, 2014

7X3

Y'all I'm still here alive and decently well. You can sigh with relief!  My media fast will be lifted January 21!! 

Surprisingly to me, my husband, and many others I'm sure, I have only been tempted a few times by Facebook's snarky head. But I just walked away! Isn't that nuts? In fact, a few days ago, Facebook sent me not one  but TWO emails asking me 'where did you go?' I apparently have over 100 notifications and several messages. I actually chuckled and went back to reading my Beth Moore book. 

That being said, I have had an unnerving desire to get back on Pinterest. I feel like we broke up and never had our closure. I miss the craftyness. The hilarious pictures. The ambitious recipes I eventually force my poor family to consume.  I actually had to GOOGLE a Valentine's day door idea for our classroom and use a cookbook for dinner the past three weeks! Isn't that strange??

I have really enjoyed my quiet time in the evenings, however, and for some blasted reason, my body wakes up bright eyed and bushy tailed at FIVE AM and I find myself reading Whispers of Hope and actually enjoying myself. Wow. What happened to the bear of a chick who practically snarled at anyone who even smiled at me before 8 am?? 

I have enjoyed playing more with my kiddos. I never realized how much time I wasted updating my status or pinning garden plans which will more than likely result in this:
(Poinsettia is 'thriving')...

I have learned Turtle's vocabulary has trumped sisters by a long shot. Both my children are obsessed with poptarts. And Bee has really picked up singing. Like a deaf Britney Spears. 

I will reinstall my Pinterest (gleefully) and update my Facebook statuses so the cyber world knows I do exist. Ironically Husby's birthday is on the 21st. I don't know if I'll have time to find the perfect cake on my favorite online pinboard. I hope he can settle for Duncan Hines! Ha!

What would you give up for 21 days to honor someone who gave up everything for you? (Diet coke? Chocolate? TiVo?-- I think I would perish!)
XOXO Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment